And welcome to my blog. I’m Kristyn, and this is my online ”living room” where I share deep reflections on what the Lord is teaching me, inspired by daily happenings. I invite you to take a seat and join me by reading along. The easiest way to do that is by subscribing to my biweekly posts, which you can do by clicking HERE (as a bonus, you will also receive a free copy of my new e-booklet!).
If you’re interested in knowing why I named my blog what I did, keep reading along. And if you’d like to know more about me as a person, feel free to check out the Meet the Author page.
DEEP CRIES OUT
The name of this site is based on a number of different Bible references, one of which is Psalm 42:7. There the Psalmist describes both the depths of his desperation, and the depths of God’s lovingkindness. ”Deep calls to deep at the sound of Your waterfalls; all Your breakers and Your waves have swept over me.”
”Deep” also refers to the ”hidden mysteries of God” that Paul mentions in 1 Corinthians 2:7-10. ”The Spirit searches all things, even the deep things of God.”
On this blog I write about things in my own spirit, drawing out of the ”deep waters of my heart” (Proverbs 20:5). My writing is a reflection of my cries out to God, as well as God crying out to us as His Spirit ”reveals deep and hidden things” (Daniel 2:22).
DISCOVERING GOD IN THE DAILY
Join me as I share from my Alltag (”everyday life” in German) – discovering God in the daily business of being a disciple, a wife, a mom, and a teacher at heart. As you read about what God is speaking to me, may you be built up and encouraged, and your eyes opened to ways you can discover Him in your ”daily.” I’d also love to hear from you about topics you’re interested in or questions you have! Feel free to leave a comment, as well as hit one of the share buttons to send posts to others you think may be be blessed by these stories.
And of course if you’d like to receive biweekly devotional-like teachings in your inbox as well as receive a free copy of my e-book, please enter your email address HERE in order to subscribe.
Crying out from the depths with you,
- Returning to the Valley after a Mountain-top ExperienceDon’t you wish it were possible to bottle up memories? To preserve them in a jar that you […]
- To Those Stuck in the SaturdayWhat is one to do on a weekend that’s supposed to be celebrating life when death seems to […]
- Fascinated by the Father“Papa!” he says, pointing to the coffee cup. And a few minutes later, […]
- Why the Little Things Matter to GodI half-apologize for the silence on my blog lately. Not really, though, because things […]
- When God Invites Us into His Christmas PreparationsToday is December 23rd. The day before Christmas Eve. Even though it doesn’t feel like […]
- Returning to the Valley after a Mountain-top Experience
What I blog about:advent autumn baby beauty blessing celebration christmas church Compassion Easter faith family forgiveness Germany giving giving thanks growth healing hope joy justice life love missions Monday Morning Musings money moving obedience perspective pictures prayer presence provision quotes reality receiving remembrance rest serving song spiritually alive traditions Uncategorized Video worship