Today is December 23rd. The day before Christmas Eve.
Even though it doesn’t feel like Christmas here in Germany because we’ve had spring-like weather for weeks, Christmas is still coming! Maybe that fact fills you with joy and anticipation, as you eagerly await celebrations, gatherings with family, gift exchanges and church services. But maybe the reality of […]
A couple weeks ago my hubby took me on a birthday date to a jazz concert. The Dieter Ilg Trio offered a fantastic evening of musical entertainment and delight by taking classical pieces and adapting them into a jazz format. A perfect evening out!
In a flyer advertising the event, we could tell that […]
‘But…I’m no good at speaking,’ Moses countered when God said He wanted to use him to rescue the Israelites.
‘But…I am too young,’ Jeremiah retorted when he heard God’s call.
‘But…I am the worst of all sinners,’ noted Paul.
How many times do we offer ‘Yes, but…’ answers to God?
Have we ever considered that […]
What we meant to do was simply pick up a document that his wife was translating for us, necessary for us to register our marriage here in Germany.
What we ended up doing was staying for almost an hour and a half, listening to him tell stories of fleeing the Communists in Czechoslovakia, ending up […]
Merry Christmas everyone! I’m so thankful for the gift of Christ, and that we can celebrate Him all year ’round, but be especially reminded of Him at this time.
Mogi and I are in Kentucky this week, visiting my sister and her family. It’s been a great trip so far! Sledding (we really had a […]
- Returning to the Valley after a Mountain-top ExperienceDon’t you wish it were possible to bottle up memories? To preserve them in a jar that you […]
- To Those Stuck in the SaturdayWhat is one to do on a weekend that’s supposed to be celebrating life when death seems to […]
- Fascinated by the Father“Papa!” he says, pointing to the coffee cup. And a few minutes later, […]
- Why the Little Things Matter to GodI half-apologize for the silence on my blog lately. Not really, though, because things […]
- When God Invites Us into His Christmas PreparationsToday is December 23rd. The day before Christmas Eve. Even though it doesn’t feel like […]
- Returning to the Valley after a Mountain-top Experience
What I blog about:advent autumn baby beauty blessing celebration christmas church Compassion Easter faith family forgiveness Germany giving giving thanks growth healing hope joy justice life love missions Monday Morning Musings money moving obedience perspective pictures prayer presence provision quotes reality receiving remembrance rest serving song spiritually alive traditions Uncategorized Video worship