Growing up in Canada, I used to eat pankcakes for breakfast, watch Hockey Night in Canada on Saturday evenings (cheering of course for the Edmonton Oilers), and was used to traffic being backed up because of a stopped train.
A few weeks ago when my 1-year old son and I hopped on a plane to […]
One of the top 20 most expensive paintings in the world is ”Royal Red and Blue” by Mark Rothko, and it sold for $75.1 million in 2012.
Image from Whudat website
Isn’t that crazy? Even though I am someone who appreciates beauty and would even […]
A number of years ago I was in a Lutheran church building near my hometown in Alberta, Canada. I was distracted for part of the service because there were banners everywhere with the same three letters on them, but I couldn’t figure out what the letters stood for. The banners were over the pulpit, over […]
I have a number of friends and family members who are heading out on or have just returned from mission trips this summer, and as I hear from them and pray for them, I am reminded of a mission trip I went on during highschool that was deeply impacting for me. I’ve been to Africa […]
Thought I’d write a simple post about 10 things I’m grateful for today. Giving thanks always puts things into perspective:
1) Snow. We haven’t really had any snow this season…until last week! It is absolutely beautiful – not too cold, and falling gently. I love it! (And it makes me a bit homesick for Canada.)
“When will my husband be home?” she asked. “He gets off work at 5:00 this evening,” I replied for the sixth time today.
We sit down to eat lunch. “You know, I had a friend once who always complained about not having enough money, but she was so wasteful with food…” It’s the same story […]
- Returning to the Valley after a Mountain-top ExperienceDon’t you wish it were possible to bottle up memories? To preserve them in a jar that you […]
- To Those Stuck in the SaturdayWhat is one to do on a weekend that’s supposed to be celebrating life when death seems to […]
- Fascinated by the Father“Papa!” he says, pointing to the coffee cup. And a few minutes later, […]
- Why the Little Things Matter to GodI half-apologize for the silence on my blog lately. Not really, though, because things […]
- When God Invites Us into His Christmas PreparationsToday is December 23rd. The day before Christmas Eve. Even though it doesn’t feel like […]
- Returning to the Valley after a Mountain-top Experience
What I blog about:advent autumn baby beauty blessing celebration christmas church Compassion Easter faith family forgiveness Germany giving giving thanks growth healing hope joy justice life love missions Monday Morning Musings money moving obedience perspective pictures prayer presence provision quotes reality receiving remembrance rest serving song spiritually alive traditions Uncategorized Video worship