Dear Friend in the Philippines,
To brothers, sisters, parents; to teachers, to police officers, to rescue workers.
To Lorraine, a friend I’ve never met personally but written letters to since I was young; and to Audrey, our precious 9-year old sponsor child.
I cannot imagine how your life has been turned upside down […]
Came across this hilarious and awesome video clip today from Jia Jiang, a man who decided to face his fear of rejection by asking for 100 different outrageous things, expecting to be told “no.”
His “rejection therapy” included things like asking a police officer if he could drive his car, and asking a […]
Can’t quite believe I answered with that when I was younger; today I can’t imagine working in the medical field! I’m very thankful for the people who do, but I know I’m definitely not cut out for it. Uh-uh. No way.
Now that’s more like it. I remember playing with a […]
“Today has been declared Shine A Light On Slavery Day by the folks at the End It Movement.”
Did you know that:
there are 27 million men, women and children, just like you, living in the shadows. In brothels. In factories. In Quarries. […]
There is an old hymn that I love, but unfortunately, like many familiar songs, I often go over the words without understanding what they really mean. Verse two of “Come Thou Fount” is one of those parts that I often sing without really worshiping.
“Here I raise my Ebenezer
Hither by Thy help […]
And all the while, trying to look for this label on products:
The topic of justice simply hasn’t left my mind (or my heart) lately. I decided to try doing a bit of research online to see what I can do. […]
Birthdays are a funny thing. They seem to provide some type of reasonable opportunity to be completely selfish all day.
This past Saturday we were preparing for my birthday celebration, and I was quite looking forward to being pampered and spoiled and showered with attention all the next day, on my birthday. We were planning […]
- Returning to the Valley after a Mountain-top ExperienceDon’t you wish it were possible to bottle up memories? To preserve them in a jar that you […]
- To Those Stuck in the SaturdayWhat is one to do on a weekend that’s supposed to be celebrating life when death seems to […]
- Fascinated by the Father“Papa!” he says, pointing to the coffee cup. And a few minutes later, […]
- Why the Little Things Matter to GodI half-apologize for the silence on my blog lately. Not really, though, because things […]
- When God Invites Us into His Christmas PreparationsToday is December 23rd. The day before Christmas Eve. Even though it doesn’t feel like […]
- Returning to the Valley after a Mountain-top Experience
What I blog about:advent autumn baby beauty blessing celebration christmas church Compassion Easter faith family forgiveness Germany giving giving thanks growth healing hope joy justice life love missions Monday Morning Musings money moving obedience perspective pictures prayer presence provision quotes reality receiving remembrance rest serving song spiritually alive traditions Uncategorized Video worship