What is one to do on a weekend that’s supposed to be celebrating life when death seems to have the upper hand?
I’m dyeing Easter eggs with my son when I hear about the dying of innocent ones in the Brussels attacks.
I’m baking cookies in the shape of butterflies and chicks – symbols of new life – as […]
If you could trade in your heaviness for joy and hope, would you?
If you could trade in your sickness for health, would you?
If you could trade in your restlessness for peace, would you?
If you could trade in your weakness for strength, would you?
If you could trade in your shame for forgiveness and […]
Have you ever been to a confession booth?
And to be honest, I don’t have any desire to either. Unless it is a confession booth like the one that Donald Miller and some friends once set up on their college campus, where instead of people coming to disclose their sinful secrets, they were […]
”What are you giving up for Lent this year?”
You have likely either asked or been asked that question before during the season before Easter. Typical ”fasts” or things people may sacrifice for a season include sweets, social media, or coffee.
I’d be the first to admit that my lifestyle is one of […]
After almost 4 months of not blogging (I’ve been working behind the scenes on an online blogging course by Jeff Goins), I’m back at it!
My last post was on Halloween, in which I shared my uncertainty of what to make of it. Well, now another […]
Our little one isn’t even born yet, but I did something today that I think I want to turn into a tradition and do every year with my kids at Easter: baking with a purpose! (What can I say…I’m a teacher at heart and if I can combine a meaningful lesson with fun and food, […]
These quotes are what I’ve been pondering this last week as I’ve walked through my own personal “Easter Journey” and been reminded of my weakness, and God’s Grace. Jesus died so I could be made whole, live a life of fullness, receive forgiveness, and have peace. What hit me as I watched “The […]
Somehow, year after year, Easter always creeps up on me. But it surprises me differently than Christmas does. Usually when I realize it’s Easter time, I don’t think “Oh man! Where did that come from? I’m running out of time to do everything I’ve planned to do!” Instead, I think, “Umm…what do we do now?”
- Returning to the Valley after a Mountain-top ExperienceDon’t you wish it were possible to bottle up memories? To preserve them in a jar that you […]
- To Those Stuck in the SaturdayWhat is one to do on a weekend that’s supposed to be celebrating life when death seems to […]
- Fascinated by the Father“Papa!” he says, pointing to the coffee cup. And a few minutes later, […]
- Why the Little Things Matter to GodI half-apologize for the silence on my blog lately. Not really, though, because things […]
- When God Invites Us into His Christmas PreparationsToday is December 23rd. The day before Christmas Eve. Even though it doesn’t feel like […]
- Returning to the Valley after a Mountain-top Experience
What I blog about:advent autumn baby beauty blessing celebration christmas church Compassion Easter faith family forgiveness Germany giving giving thanks growth healing hope joy justice life love missions Monday Morning Musings money moving obedience perspective pictures prayer presence provision quotes reality receiving remembrance rest serving song spiritually alive traditions Uncategorized Video worship