Don’t you wish it were possible to bottle up memories? To preserve them in a jar that you could open up any time in order to relive the joy of precious moments?
My past few weeks have been filled with memories I wish would linger longer so I could savour more. My husband and I and our […]
Today is December 23rd. The day before Christmas Eve.
Even though it doesn’t feel like Christmas here in Germany because we’ve had spring-like weather for weeks, Christmas is still coming! Maybe that fact fills you with joy and anticipation, as you eagerly await celebrations, gatherings with family, gift exchanges and church services. But maybe the reality of […]
“House Sugary House.” That’s what my attempt at translating the phrase “Home Sweet Home” into German came out sounding like. As you can imagine, I was met with some odd looks.
It felt like 3 little bubbles gently bursting on the inside.
Unexpected, soft, yet very obvious.
My baby’s first kicks.
What a miracle! We’d had 3 ultrasounds done and could see each time how our little one was moving about in my womb – lively, active, discovering his own tiny hands and feet and sucking […]
Small hands digging through a bowl of dusty flour and baking soda, searching for a few more chocolate chips in the batter.
Leaping from the 5th step into Auntie’s unexpecting arms.
Using the only words he knows – ‘da, da’ – and pleading eyes to ask me to do up his jacket before heading outside.
Passing rows upon rows upon rows of houses…
Some made of brick, others with stone.
Expensive ones, falling apart ones.
Small ones, big ones.
Dream houses, and just-to-get-by houses.
Have you ever thought about it? These box-looking-things lining roads, and the number of hours we spend in them?
“There’s no place like home…”
And what […]
- Returning to the Valley after a Mountain-top ExperienceDon’t you wish it were possible to bottle up memories? To preserve them in a jar that you […]
- To Those Stuck in the SaturdayWhat is one to do on a weekend that’s supposed to be celebrating life when death seems to […]
- Fascinated by the Father“Papa!” he says, pointing to the coffee cup. And a few minutes later, […]
- Why the Little Things Matter to GodI half-apologize for the silence on my blog lately. Not really, though, because things […]
- When God Invites Us into His Christmas PreparationsToday is December 23rd. The day before Christmas Eve. Even though it doesn’t feel like […]
- Returning to the Valley after a Mountain-top Experience
What I blog about:advent autumn baby beauty blessing celebration christmas church Compassion Easter faith family forgiveness Germany giving giving thanks growth healing hope joy justice life love missions Monday Morning Musings money moving obedience perspective pictures prayer presence provision quotes reality receiving remembrance rest serving song spiritually alive traditions Uncategorized Video worship