Today is December 23rd. The day before Christmas Eve.
Even though it doesn’t feel like Christmas here in Germany because we’ve had spring-like weather for weeks, Christmas is still coming! Maybe that fact fills you with joy and anticipation, as you eagerly await celebrations, gatherings with family, gift exchanges and church services. But maybe the reality of […]
If you could trade in your heaviness for joy and hope, would you?
If you could trade in your sickness for health, would you?
If you could trade in your restlessness for peace, would you?
If you could trade in your weakness for strength, would you?
If you could trade in your shame for forgiveness and […]
Have you ever been to a confession booth?
And to be honest, I don’t have any desire to either. Unless it is a confession booth like the one that Donald Miller and some friends once set up on their college campus, where instead of people coming to disclose their sinful secrets, they were […]
My son was wailing, and it was my fault.
He was over-tired, since I had passed him around to people eager to hold a sweet baby instead of getting him to sleep. I had pushed back his nursing time, then on top of that, I accidentally dropped something on his foot, which made him […]
- Returning to the Valley after a Mountain-top ExperienceDon’t you wish it were possible to bottle up memories? To preserve them in a jar that you […]
- To Those Stuck in the SaturdayWhat is one to do on a weekend that’s supposed to be celebrating life when death seems to […]
- Fascinated by the Father“Papa!” he says, pointing to the coffee cup. And a few minutes later, […]
- Why the Little Things Matter to GodI half-apologize for the silence on my blog lately. Not really, though, because things […]
- When God Invites Us into His Christmas PreparationsToday is December 23rd. The day before Christmas Eve. Even though it doesn’t feel like […]
- Returning to the Valley after a Mountain-top Experience
What I blog about:advent autumn baby beauty blessing celebration christmas church Compassion Easter faith family forgiveness Germany giving giving thanks growth healing hope joy justice life love missions Monday Morning Musings money moving obedience perspective pictures prayer presence provision quotes reality receiving remembrance rest serving song spiritually alive traditions Uncategorized Video worship