“House Sugary House.” That’s what my attempt at translating the phrase “Home Sweet Home” into German came out sounding like. As you can imagine, I was met with some odd looks.
It felt like 3 little bubbles gently bursting on the inside.
Unexpected, soft, yet very obvious.
My baby’s first kicks.
What a miracle! We’d had 3 ultrasounds done and could see each time how our little one was moving about in my womb – lively, active, discovering his own tiny hands and feet and sucking […]
1:30am, downtown Toronto City, Canada. August 2013.
We had come in two vehicles, excited to celebrate our friend’s upcoming wedding and have fun at a Bachelorette party. And fun it was! A dinner cruise on the harbor, dancing, Starbucks espresso shots, night view from the CN Tower. Good times!
Then it came time to part […]
From my chair in our living room where I usually sit to read, journal, pray (or blog!) I noticed one of our plants on the bookshelf ledge:
They came in a can. I opened the lid, set the can by the window, and added water…a little bit…every other day. After a couple of months they looked like this:
I was thrilled that something was at least growing in my house! My roses, parsley, and lavender have all turned brown and dried […]
- Returning to the Valley after a Mountain-top ExperienceDon’t you wish it were possible to bottle up memories? To preserve them in a jar that you […]
- To Those Stuck in the SaturdayWhat is one to do on a weekend that’s supposed to be celebrating life when death seems to […]
- Fascinated by the Father“Papa!” he says, pointing to the coffee cup. And a few minutes later, […]
- Why the Little Things Matter to GodI half-apologize for the silence on my blog lately. Not really, though, because things […]
- When God Invites Us into His Christmas PreparationsToday is December 23rd. The day before Christmas Eve. Even though it doesn’t feel like […]
- Returning to the Valley after a Mountain-top Experience
What I blog about:advent autumn baby beauty blessing celebration christmas church Compassion Easter faith family forgiveness Germany giving giving thanks growth healing hope joy justice life love missions Monday Morning Musings money moving obedience perspective pictures prayer presence provision quotes reality receiving remembrance rest serving song spiritually alive traditions Uncategorized Video worship