If you could trade in your heaviness for joy and hope, would you?
If you could trade in your sickness for health, would you?
If you could trade in your restlessness for peace, would you?
If you could trade in your weakness for strength, would you?
If you could trade in your shame for forgiveness and […]
Today, October 15th, is a day of remembrance.
Two days ago, Canadians celebrated Thanksgiving with friends, family and great food. But today is different.
It’s a day I wouldn’t have paid much attention to if it weren’t for an event that happened in my life just over a year ago.
I never imagined having […]
Sun shining; house cozy warm from the heat of the oven, which contains a 12-pound turkey; smell of apple cider and cinnamon candles; husband peeling potatoes and me kneading dough; table set and awaiting guests.
It’s Thanksgiving. Autumn is here – my favorite time of the year!
An online Google search of the term “prosperity gospel” brings up mega-church pastors’ names such as Joel Osteen, teachings such as “believe and receive,” and issues like money and self-improvement.
Depending on what you’ve heard about this topic, or what your experiences are, this will exert either an “Amen!” from you at this point, or […]
Two weeks ago my husband and I went to donate blood at the German Red Cross. They spoil us here in Germany, in that they actually hire a butcher and prepare a big meal for all blood donors as a thank you! Not quite like the juice boxes and granola bars in Canada, eh? 🙂 […]
Well I’ve been meaning to write ever since returning from our week at camp…
There is just so much to share, I’m not sure where to start! God definitely proved Himself, as I shared in the last post, to be STRONG and to be LOVING. Lives were completely changed! People were set free from depression […]
- Returning to the Valley after a Mountain-top ExperienceDon’t you wish it were possible to bottle up memories? To preserve them in a jar that you […]
- To Those Stuck in the SaturdayWhat is one to do on a weekend that’s supposed to be celebrating life when death seems to […]
- Fascinated by the Father“Papa!” he says, pointing to the coffee cup. And a few minutes later, […]
- Why the Little Things Matter to GodI half-apologize for the silence on my blog lately. Not really, though, because things […]
- When God Invites Us into His Christmas PreparationsToday is December 23rd. The day before Christmas Eve. Even though it doesn’t feel like […]
- Returning to the Valley after a Mountain-top Experience
What I blog about:advent autumn baby beauty blessing celebration christmas church Compassion Easter faith family forgiveness Germany giving giving thanks growth healing hope joy justice life love missions Monday Morning Musings money moving obedience perspective pictures prayer presence provision quotes reality receiving remembrance rest serving song spiritually alive traditions Uncategorized Video worship