I half-apologize for the silence on my blog lately. Not really, though, because things haven’t been all that silent in our home…
Two weeks ago our little girl surprised us with her arrival!
Jael was born on January 12 at 12:47pm, after a very short and uncomplicated labor. I want to […]
We made it 30 kilometers in 4 hours…
welcome to a German ”Stau.”
Last week after meeting up with some friends, we got stuck in a traffic jam on the way home. The Autobahn was lined with cars and we were only moving inches at a time (hard to imagine on a highway that is […]
This past weekend I attended my first funeral in Germany. Sure, “there is a time for everything,” but when the “time to die” (Ecc. 3:1-2) hits, it’s never easy.
I didn’t know the man very well, but I remember that he laughed often, and seeing his lifeless body was so surreal. That, combined with yesterday […]
Having been sent by Yahweh with the command to confront Pharaoh and rescue God’s chosen people, Moses timidly asks the Voice coming from the burning bush, “Who should I tell them sent me?”
God answered Moses: “I am who I am. This is what you are to say to the Israelites: ‘I am has sent […]
Now tell me…if this isn’t a miracle, then what is?
I almost couldn’t believe my eyes once I got started harvesting things from our garden last week. How incredibly, richly blessed we are! Food is something I so easily take for granted. It’s a normal part(y!) of everyday life, […]
Passing rows upon rows upon rows of houses…
Some made of brick, others with stone.
Expensive ones, falling apart ones.
Small ones, big ones.
Dream houses, and just-to-get-by houses.
Have you ever thought about it? These box-looking-things lining roads, and the number of hours we spend in them?
“There’s no place like home…”
And what […]
A Challenge from Ann Voskamp to “Count 1,000 Gifts” throughout the year. I started in April, and here are a few on my list so far:
For April 9: “A Gift Held”
Surprise roses…from my father-in-law! So thoughtful of him 🙂
For April 10: “3 Gifts Opened Up”
We are an auntie and uncle again! For the 10th time 🙂 My brother-in-law and his wife had a baby late this past Sunday evening, and we got to see him yesterday for the first time – Baby Benjamin:
I was thinking […]
- Returning to the Valley after a Mountain-top ExperienceDon’t you wish it were possible to bottle up memories? To preserve them in a jar that you […]
- To Those Stuck in the SaturdayWhat is one to do on a weekend that’s supposed to be celebrating life when death seems to […]
- Fascinated by the Father“Papa!” he says, pointing to the coffee cup. And a few minutes later, […]
- Why the Little Things Matter to GodI half-apologize for the silence on my blog lately. Not really, though, because things […]
- When God Invites Us into His Christmas PreparationsToday is December 23rd. The day before Christmas Eve. Even though it doesn’t feel like […]
- Returning to the Valley after a Mountain-top Experience
What I blog about:advent autumn baby beauty blessing celebration christmas church Compassion Easter faith family forgiveness Germany giving giving thanks growth healing hope joy justice life love missions Monday Morning Musings money moving obedience perspective pictures prayer presence provision quotes reality receiving remembrance rest serving song spiritually alive traditions Uncategorized Video worship