The current refugee crisis is exactly that: a crisis. A very complicated crisis, at that. Believe me…I happen to be living in one of the European countries taking in the most refugees.
I’ve seen the Facebook posts (and debates), read the news articles, watched the YouTube clips, and no, the solution is not simple. But neither is it […]
For the past 3 weeks I have been enjoying time with my niece, who is currently visiting us from America (thus the lack of posts lately; we’ve been out and about quite a bit, and I am enjoying being a ”tourist” once again in the country I now consider home).
Our most recent getaway was […]
Whenever my husband is home on the weekends and putters around the house, our 11-month old is DESPERATE to be near him, watch him as he does odd jobs, and of course help handle the tools 🙂
One weekend our doorbell had to be fixed, so […]
Just over a year ago, my hubby and I were enjoying a ”Baby-moon” on the island of Teneriffa. Our hotel was located right along the ocean, where we were greeted each morning by an incredible view from our balcony.
The ocean is amazing, not just in how massive and vast it is, but […]
This past weekend I attended my first funeral in Germany. Sure, “there is a time for everything,” but when the “time to die” (Ecc. 3:1-2) hits, it’s never easy.
I didn’t know the man very well, but I remember that he laughed often, and seeing his lifeless body was so surreal. That, combined with yesterday […]
Today I received my Immigration Card for Deutschland!
This means that I can enter the country as a resident, not a tourist, that I can live here as long as I want, and that I am allowed to work. Woo hoo! Now that the paperwork and everything has gone through, I am also able to […]
Yes I looked into the mirror this morning (a few times) as I was getting ready for my day. But another part of me was so desperate to also be ready for this day. I spent time getting my outside ready, but my spirit on the inside also needed some work done. I had […]
Birthdays are a funny thing. They seem to provide some type of reasonable opportunity to be completely selfish all day.
This past Saturday we were preparing for my birthday celebration, and I was quite looking forward to being pampered and spoiled and showered with attention all the next day, on my birthday. We were planning […]
- Returning to the Valley after a Mountain-top ExperienceDon’t you wish it were possible to bottle up memories? To preserve them in a jar that you […]
- To Those Stuck in the SaturdayWhat is one to do on a weekend that’s supposed to be celebrating life when death seems to […]
- Fascinated by the Father“Papa!” he says, pointing to the coffee cup. And a few minutes later, […]
- Why the Little Things Matter to GodI half-apologize for the silence on my blog lately. Not really, though, because things […]
- When God Invites Us into His Christmas PreparationsToday is December 23rd. The day before Christmas Eve. Even though it doesn’t feel like […]
- Returning to the Valley after a Mountain-top Experience
What I blog about:advent autumn baby beauty blessing celebration christmas church Compassion Easter faith family forgiveness Germany giving giving thanks growth healing hope joy justice life love missions Monday Morning Musings money moving obedience perspective pictures prayer presence provision quotes reality receiving remembrance rest serving song spiritually alive traditions Uncategorized Video worship