A number of years ago I was in a Lutheran church building near my hometown in Alberta, Canada. I was distracted for part of the service because there were banners everywhere with the same three letters on them, but I couldn’t figure out what the letters stood for. The banners were over the pulpit, over […]
Can’t quite believe I answered with that when I was younger; today I can’t imagine working in the medical field! I’m very thankful for the people who do, but I know I’m definitely not cut out for it. Uh-uh. No way.
Now that’s more like it. I remember playing with a […]
An online Google search of the term “prosperity gospel” brings up mega-church pastors’ names such as Joel Osteen, teachings such as “believe and receive,” and issues like money and self-improvement.
Depending on what you’ve heard about this topic, or what your experiences are, this will exert either an “Amen!” from you at this point, or […]
And all the while, trying to look for this label on products:
The topic of justice simply hasn’t left my mind (or my heart) lately. I decided to try doing a bit of research online to see what I can do. […]
- Returning to the Valley after a Mountain-top ExperienceDon’t you wish it were possible to bottle up memories? To preserve them in a jar that you […]
- To Those Stuck in the SaturdayWhat is one to do on a weekend that’s supposed to be celebrating life when death seems to […]
- Fascinated by the Father“Papa!” he says, pointing to the coffee cup. And a few minutes later, […]
- Why the Little Things Matter to GodI half-apologize for the silence on my blog lately. Not really, though, because things […]
- When God Invites Us into His Christmas PreparationsToday is December 23rd. The day before Christmas Eve. Even though it doesn’t feel like […]
- Returning to the Valley after a Mountain-top Experience
What I blog about:advent autumn baby beauty blessing celebration christmas church Compassion Easter faith family forgiveness Germany giving giving thanks growth healing hope joy justice life love missions Monday Morning Musings money moving obedience perspective pictures prayer presence provision quotes reality receiving remembrance rest serving song spiritually alive traditions Uncategorized Video worship