For the past 3 weeks I have been enjoying time with my niece, who is currently visiting us from America (thus the lack of posts lately; we’ve been out and about quite a bit, and I am enjoying being a ”tourist” once again in the country I now consider home).
Our most recent getaway was […]
You’ve heard the saying, haven’t you? ”When life gives you lemons, make lemonade.” Of course there are other variations, such as ”When life gives you lemons, throw them at someone” or ”keep them, because hey, free lemons!”
Well, my husband and I made some proverbial lemonade last week. The ”lemon” that was handed to us […]
I have a confession to make.
I know that the Bible is full of truth and wisdom, but it is not always that exciting to read (gasp!). Sometimes it seems dry or over my head. Do you know what I mean?
Some Bible stories have become so familiar to me that, honestly, I no longer […]
Today, October 15th, is a day of remembrance.
Two days ago, Canadians celebrated Thanksgiving with friends, family and great food. But today is different.
It’s a day I wouldn’t have paid much attention to if it weren’t for an event that happened in my life just over a year ago.
I never imagined having […]
Sun shining; house cozy warm from the heat of the oven, which contains a 12-pound turkey; smell of apple cider and cinnamon candles; husband peeling potatoes and me kneading dough; table set and awaiting guests.
It’s Thanksgiving. Autumn is here – my favorite time of the year!
Came across two pictures in the last few months that I found really cute, and meaningful:
“What do you see when you look in the mirror?”
Not sure I agree 100% with the caption of the bottom picture, since there is Someone Whose perspective is even more […]
These quotes are what I’ve been pondering this last week as I’ve walked through my own personal “Easter Journey” and been reminded of my weakness, and God’s Grace. Jesus died so I could be made whole, live a life of fullness, receive forgiveness, and have peace. What hit me as I watched “The […]
- Returning to the Valley after a Mountain-top ExperienceDon’t you wish it were possible to bottle up memories? To preserve them in a jar that you […]
- To Those Stuck in the SaturdayWhat is one to do on a weekend that’s supposed to be celebrating life when death seems to […]
- Fascinated by the Father“Papa!” he says, pointing to the coffee cup. And a few minutes later, […]
- Why the Little Things Matter to GodI half-apologize for the silence on my blog lately. Not really, though, because things […]
- When God Invites Us into His Christmas PreparationsToday is December 23rd. The day before Christmas Eve. Even though it doesn’t feel like […]
- Returning to the Valley after a Mountain-top Experience
What I blog about:advent autumn baby beauty blessing celebration christmas church Compassion Easter faith family forgiveness Germany giving giving thanks growth healing hope joy justice life love missions Monday Morning Musings money moving obedience perspective pictures prayer presence provision quotes reality receiving remembrance rest serving song spiritually alive traditions Uncategorized Video worship