Earlier today I was spoon-feeding my 8-month-old son one of his favorite snacks: applesauce. Since he is used to feeding himself finger-foods, he didn’t quite understand the concept of Mama refilling his spoon. Every time I tried to take it away to dip it back in the jar, he threw a little fit.
We have all likely seen (or been) that parent who, in an attempt to get their fussy, distracted baby to eat something, tried sneakily coaxing their little one, ”Open up wide, the airplane’s coming in for a landing!”
Sometimes it works, and sometimes it doesn’t. Babies kinda have a mind of their own.
An online Google search of the term “prosperity gospel” brings up mega-church pastors’ names such as Joel Osteen, teachings such as “believe and receive,” and issues like money and self-improvement.
Depending on what you’ve heard about this topic, or what your experiences are, this will exert either an “Amen!” from you at this point, or […]
Wow, God is amazing! His love is extravagant and he has truly lavished it on us.
To start with, after making travel arrangements for over Christmas, we wondered a bit at our financial situation and acknowledged that we may have to be more cautious in the future. As we were discussing it the next day, […]
- Returning to the Valley after a Mountain-top ExperienceDon’t you wish it were possible to bottle up memories? To preserve them in a jar that you […]
- To Those Stuck in the SaturdayWhat is one to do on a weekend that’s supposed to be celebrating life when death seems to […]
- Fascinated by the Father“Papa!” he says, pointing to the coffee cup. And a few minutes later, […]
- Why the Little Things Matter to GodI half-apologize for the silence on my blog lately. Not really, though, because things […]
- When God Invites Us into His Christmas PreparationsToday is December 23rd. The day before Christmas Eve. Even though it doesn’t feel like […]
- Returning to the Valley after a Mountain-top Experience
What I blog about:advent autumn baby beauty blessing celebration christmas church Compassion Easter faith family forgiveness Germany giving giving thanks growth healing hope joy justice life love missions Monday Morning Musings money moving obedience perspective pictures prayer presence provision quotes reality receiving remembrance rest serving song spiritually alive traditions Uncategorized Video worship