We have all likely seen (or been) that parent who, in an attempt to get their fussy, distracted baby to eat something, tried sneakily coaxing their little one, ”Open up wide, the airplane’s coming in for a landing!”
Sometimes it works, and sometimes it doesn’t. Babies kinda have a mind of their own.
Leading…protecting…disciplining…carrying…providing. The job of a German Shepherd.
No, not a 4-legged furry animal, but a real German man whose job is shepherding. I was privileged to meet one this week.
I was at our ministry base (located at the edge of a village nestled in the hills) and about to head home for the afternoon […]
Having been sent by Yahweh with the command to confront Pharaoh and rescue God’s chosen people, Moses timidly asks the Voice coming from the burning bush, “Who should I tell them sent me?”
God answered Moses: “I am who I am. This is what you are to say to the Israelites: ‘I am has sent […]
Hundreds and hundreds of years ago, between 100 and 200 A.D., these stone walls were part of the “Limes” – a Roman wall of military defense that ran along parts of their empire. Thirty thousand soldiers were stationed along the Limes, controlling traffic between the Roman provinces and the area inhabited by Germanic tribes. It […]
A couple weeks before we left for Germany, I babysat two little girls and took them to the park. Little did I know that God had a lesson to teach me by being with them for an hour!
The younger one, two years old, took me by the hand and led me to the swing […]
The other day I was walking home from downtown and stopped to observe a bird building its nest. It had in its beak a twig about three times as big as itself, and it was trying to fly up to the tree. It would flutter its wings and get a few feet up into the […]
I’ve heard this verse a hundred times, but something struck me this morning. “Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.” Usually I think of this rest in terms of being relieved from stress, a break from work, peace, etc.
But there’s something deeper.
- Returning to the Valley after a Mountain-top ExperienceDon’t you wish it were possible to bottle up memories? To preserve them in a jar that you […]
- To Those Stuck in the SaturdayWhat is one to do on a weekend that’s supposed to be celebrating life when death seems to […]
- Fascinated by the Father“Papa!” he says, pointing to the coffee cup. And a few minutes later, […]
- Why the Little Things Matter to GodI half-apologize for the silence on my blog lately. Not really, though, because things […]
- When God Invites Us into His Christmas PreparationsToday is December 23rd. The day before Christmas Eve. Even though it doesn’t feel like […]
- Returning to the Valley after a Mountain-top Experience
What I blog about:advent autumn baby beauty blessing celebration christmas church Compassion Easter faith family forgiveness Germany giving giving thanks growth healing hope joy justice life love missions Monday Morning Musings money moving obedience perspective pictures prayer presence provision quotes reality receiving remembrance rest serving song spiritually alive traditions Uncategorized Video worship