“House Sugary House.” That’s what my attempt at translating the phrase “Home Sweet Home” into German came out sounding like. As you can imagine, I was met with some odd looks.
Whenever my husband is home on the weekends and putters around the house, our 11-month old is DESPERATE to be near him, watch him as he does odd jobs, and of course help handle the tools 🙂
One weekend our doorbell had to be fixed, so […]
I learned an amusing new German phrase the other day. The ‘Deutsch’ love their complicated compound words, and this new expression I heard basically means, ‘everything.’
When a product promises a lot or when you refer to someone as a ‘jack of all trades’, you call it an ‘eierlegende-wollmilchsau.’
Having been sent by Yahweh with the command to confront Pharaoh and rescue God’s chosen people, Moses timidly asks the Voice coming from the burning bush, “Who should I tell them sent me?”
God answered Moses: “I am who I am. This is what you are to say to the Israelites: ‘I am has sent […]
An online Google search of the term “prosperity gospel” brings up mega-church pastors’ names such as Joel Osteen, teachings such as “believe and receive,” and issues like money and self-improvement.
Depending on what you’ve heard about this topic, or what your experiences are, this will exert either an “Amen!” from you at this point, or […]
What we meant to do was simply pick up a document that his wife was translating for us, necessary for us to register our marriage here in Germany.
What we ended up doing was staying for almost an hour and a half, listening to him tell stories of fleeing the Communists in Czechoslovakia, ending up […]
Today marks one year of my husband and I living in Germany! It’s crazy to think of when we landed in Frankfurt on August 30, 2011, and consider how far the Lord has brought us since then – what we’ve experienced, the challenges we’ve faced, how we have grown and the ways God has used […]
“Greater love has no man than this, that he lay down his life for his friend.”
These are the words Jesus spoke to His disciples while He was on earth, and I’m not sure those following Him knew that He meant it literally. The One they had come to love, whose miracles they had witnessed, […]
- Returning to the Valley after a Mountain-top ExperienceDon’t you wish it were possible to bottle up memories? To preserve them in a jar that you […]
- To Those Stuck in the SaturdayWhat is one to do on a weekend that’s supposed to be celebrating life when death seems to […]
- Fascinated by the Father“Papa!” he says, pointing to the coffee cup. And a few minutes later, […]
- Why the Little Things Matter to GodI half-apologize for the silence on my blog lately. Not really, though, because things […]
- When God Invites Us into His Christmas PreparationsToday is December 23rd. The day before Christmas Eve. Even though it doesn’t feel like […]
- Returning to the Valley after a Mountain-top Experience
What I blog about:advent autumn baby beauty blessing celebration christmas church Compassion Easter faith family forgiveness Germany giving giving thanks growth healing hope joy justice life love missions Monday Morning Musings money moving obedience perspective pictures prayer presence provision quotes reality receiving remembrance rest serving song spiritually alive traditions Uncategorized Video worship