Growing up in Canada, I used to eat pankcakes for breakfast, watch Hockey Night in Canada on Saturday evenings (cheering of course for the Edmonton Oilers), and was used to traffic being backed up because of a stopped train.
A few weeks ago when my 1-year old son and I hopped on a plane to […]
Just over a year ago, my hubby and I were enjoying a ”Baby-moon” on the island of Teneriffa. Our hotel was located right along the ocean, where we were greeted each morning by an incredible view from our balcony.
The ocean is amazing, not just in how massive and vast it is, but […]
Today, October 15th, is a day of remembrance.
Two days ago, Canadians celebrated Thanksgiving with friends, family and great food. But today is different.
It’s a day I wouldn’t have paid much attention to if it weren’t for an event that happened in my life just over a year ago.
I never imagined having […]
Leading…protecting…disciplining…carrying…providing. The job of a German Shepherd.
No, not a 4-legged furry animal, but a real German man whose job is shepherding. I was privileged to meet one this week.
I was at our ministry base (located at the edge of a village nestled in the hills) and about to head home for the afternoon […]
A story about a boy and a tree… …and about you and me? And about our heavenly Father, who ‘did not spare His own Son’ and graciously gives us all things. What is our relationship to the Tree? To the God who became man and died on a tree to show the extent of […]
“Today has been declared Shine A Light On Slavery Day by the folks at the End It Movement.”
Did you know that:
there are 27 million men, women and children, just like you, living in the shadows. In brothels. In factories. In Quarries. […]
There is an old hymn that I love, but unfortunately, like many familiar songs, I often go over the words without understanding what they really mean. Verse two of “Come Thou Fount” is one of those parts that I often sing without really worshiping.
“Here I raise my Ebenezer
Hither by Thy help […]
- Returning to the Valley after a Mountain-top ExperienceDon’t you wish it were possible to bottle up memories? To preserve them in a jar that you […]
- To Those Stuck in the SaturdayWhat is one to do on a weekend that’s supposed to be celebrating life when death seems to […]
- Fascinated by the Father“Papa!” he says, pointing to the coffee cup. And a few minutes later, […]
- Why the Little Things Matter to GodI half-apologize for the silence on my blog lately. Not really, though, because things […]
- When God Invites Us into His Christmas PreparationsToday is December 23rd. The day before Christmas Eve. Even though it doesn’t feel like […]
- Returning to the Valley after a Mountain-top Experience
What I blog about:advent autumn baby beauty blessing celebration christmas church Compassion Easter faith family forgiveness Germany giving giving thanks growth healing hope joy justice life love missions Monday Morning Musings money moving obedience perspective pictures prayer presence provision quotes reality receiving remembrance rest serving song spiritually alive traditions Uncategorized Video worship